Old 02-07-2011, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Cordyline Australis regrowth

On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 16:33:12 +0100, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Donwill" wrote ...

The three single stemmed trees which were approx 30yrs old and were
supposedly killed in the severe frost (-13.5 degC) during the winter
period, I noticed yesterday one of them had some regrowth at the base,
only happened in the last week or so, there are four little clumps of
sprouting leaves approx 4ins high around the 8 ins dia main trunk.
It was worth waiting for :-)

Almost impossible for frost to kill a mature plant as the roots go
straight down deep and they will always come back up from the roots even
if it takes two seasons IME.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

I agree the plain green leafed australis once established lasts forever! my
wife has repeatidly tried to kill ours without success!

Nope. Mine and my NDN both lost australis and neither have recovered.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Planner Software www.NPSL1.com