Old 03-07-2011, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Poppy seed

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Emery Davis
writes
On 07/02/2011 09:22 PM, Pete C wrote:
I have a couple of seed heads from a poppy growing wild on a vacant plot
near mine. Can I grow poppys from this, if so, how?

Sprinkle poppy seeds on ground. Come back next spring.

That's how I do it...

-E

Rake over ground first Emery as poppies seem to like newly disturbed soil.
Mind you they could be oriental or annual, Welsh or Shirley for all we
know

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Poppies can lie dormant for years and years and years, THEN, disturbance and
hay ho up they pop.

Two stories about Flanders's Poppies ........

1) The ground ran red with blood which made it look like Poppies

2) The ground was disturbed the Poppies flourished.

Think about it. Which is correct?

Mike