Old 04-07-2011, 12:13 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C[_3_] View Post
I have a couple of seed heads from a poppy growing wild on a vacant plot
near mine. Can I grow poppys from this, if so, how?
It self-seeded on ground near you, so likely it will happily grow in the same way in your garden.

On the other hand, I gathered some arctic poppy seeds from plants found while on tour in Iceland, (not the same as Iceland poppies) scattered the seeds in my garden, and I've never seen one. Those I should have carefully germinated in pots without competition from other plants.