Old 04-07-2011, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Harry D Harry D is offline

Default Mower engine query

These things are designed to get the purchaser to but a new model. Jap Crap
or Kraut, and anything in between!
Nobody wanted BSA(Birmingham Small Arms) or Triumph or AJS etc. products
and they went tits up because of shortsighted nationalism.
If I come across as racist so what.
I am backing Britain.(what is left of it)

Baz

I think they went tits up because they didn't keep up with what the market
wanted and people were dazzled by what the japs were offering. I remember
seeing one of the first Honda Dreams back in the sixties and thinking it
came from another planet!