Old 04-07-2011, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Mower engine query

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Harry D" wrote

These things are designed to get the purchaser to but a new model. Jap
Crap
or Kraut, and anything in between!
Nobody wanted BSA(Birmingham Small Arms) or Triumph or AJS etc. products
and they went tits up because of shortsighted nationalism.
If I come across as racist so what.
I am backing Britain.(what is left of it)

I think they went tits up because they didn't keep up with what the
market wanted and people were dazzled by what the japs were offering. I
remember seeing one of the first Honda Dreams back in the sixties and
thinking it came from another planet!

Back when I was a Rocker I remember seeing for the first time a Yamaha
250cc twin and it was racing with a Triumph Bonneville 650cc on the Great
Chertsey Road. No one could believe how fast that little bike was, and the
noise, that scream. That day changed things for all of us, the guys on
their Ariel "smoky joes" just drove off shaking their heads.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob