Old 04-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Laura Corin Laura Corin is offline
Registered User

Default Bog garden?

Has anyone constructed a bog garden and been successful? Any tips? We have an area of ground which tends to be a bit damp (although not actually boggy). I was thinking of surrounding it with willow for shelter, which I would cut down regularly to create bright winter stems, and then putting a perforated pond liner sheet into a hole to make a good boggy bit. I like the idea of planting a willow bower to sit in too.

What construction tips do you have? What have been your easiest plants? I'm in Fife, five miles from the coast, on (I assume) somewhat acidic soil. The proposed bog garden site is at least forty yards from the house, so the willows are not a problem.

Thanks

Laura