Old 05-07-2011, 01:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Ride on Mower

In article ,
Janet writes
Another consideration, is to choose a supplier who offers collection
and return for servicing and repairs.

In my experience and friends', ride on domestic mowers will NOT cut
tall rough meadow grass (a foot high +) whatever the brand and ads say.
So, they are really only any good for regular mowing.

If they are thinking in terms of a wildflower meadow or just topping a
paddock maybe a couple of times in the six-month growing season, they will
need some other means to make the long coarse cuts(like a powerful
strimmer, or paying a nearby farmer to run his haycutter round it, or
buying a professional grass tractor like a Kubota).

Janet.

Oh good info. Janet I'll pass this on to them.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph