Old 05-07-2011, 02:42 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] infodex@mindspring.com is offline

Default Garden report

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 06:53:36 -0400, "Daniel B. Martin"
wrote:

I got started late with my container garden this year because I had to
replace the deck. By the ime it was ready, it was too late for seed
crops, so I went with just plants: tomatos, peppers, eggplants.

Tomato harvest is modest. Plantsa re lush, but not much produce.

Two of the peppres were so stunted and yellowish that I tossed them
already. Several others are dong OK.

We are harvesting goodly quantities of tomatoes, squash, basil, and
cucumbers. Lots of cucumbers! Eggplants exhibit healthy foliage but
only modest production so far.

Same here eggplant.

Dry and hot weather has made it necessary to irrigate with the garden hose.

I have a south-facing deck that gets brutal sun. If I miss the
watering schedule by even a few hours, things wilt.

What with the cost of the plants, potting soil, and water, I may just
skip it altogether next year.

Dick Evans