Old 05-07-2011, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default How to destroy wasp nest?

On Jul 5, 8:59*am, Terry Pinnell wrote:
There's a wasps' nest in my garden - a hole (maybe two, close together) on
a sloping section of rough lawn. On two visits to Homebase a fortnight
apart they had no stocks of their 'Wasp nest killer', £5.99, or indeed
*any* wasp destruction product. Meanwhile it struck me that there must be
several ways I should be able to do this myself. So I'm here to seek
suggestions please.

My own initial thoughts a

1. Put a plastic bag and a something heavy over the top to suffocate and
prevent entry.

2. Pour fine sand or similar into the hole, with same objective.

3. Position a hose over the hole and trickle water into it to drown
inhabitants and presumably make re-entry of others unlikely, even after
hose switched off and water drains away.

4. Stuff some dry newspaper into the hole, douse it with paraffin and
light it, with similar comments to #3.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Best left alone, they are benificial, eat lots of garden pests.

Tch. Pour petrol down the hole and block it off. DON'T set on fire.