Old 05-07-2011, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Tomatoes

diamonds wrote:
How are yours doing?
Any comments on removing the leaves to expose the fruit inorder to
ripen!!

Mine are doing better than I expected this year, possibly due to upgrading
to Tomorite gorwbags this year. Which, unfortunately, means they grew a bit
too fast and I didn't get a chance to stake them until after they had
managed to twist into unfortunately shapes!! So a couple of them have some
serious .. kinks.

I don't think removing leaves to ripen is necessary, but I am planning this
year to remove the bottom leaves so I can top up the soil level!