Old 05-07-2011, 10:35 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lyle[_1_] View Post
On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 21:46:24 +0100, AriesVal
nvalid wrote:

On 05/07/2011 21:35, Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
o.uk...
A dead nastie on the edge of the pathway at the back our our house. Never
seen anything like it before in my life! It's about 2 inches long with a
fat body like a big spider ?

https://picasaweb.google.com/valerie...54502794374242
--

Looks like a signal crayfish

Tina

It doesn't have a tail like a crayfish - soft rounded body like a big
spider?

Signal crayfish on its back, with the tail curled in death: if you
look closely, the slightly ragged broad end of the tail seems to be
just about distinguishable, reaching the penultimate leg on the lower
side as we look at it.

-- Mike.
Yes, I agree. Crayfish, with tail curled over. Have you tried touching it - I think if you put your finger under the jaggedy bit Mike refers to you would be able to uncurl it enough to convince yourself that it is a crayfish.