Old 05-07-2011, 11:12 PM posted to sci.bio.misc,sci.bio.botany,sci.environment
Peter Jason Peter Jason is offline

Default stories about my cats and horses #26

Ducks and Goose:

Reporting on my two ducks and goose. They are low maintenance, for I
only need to feed them once daily and change the water every other
day.

I wonder how they endure the mosquitoes? Whether they eat them?

Wild dogs (even the cute neighborhood barker) will decimate the
feathered critters. Only the ones that can fly will be safe. Dogs
will bite off their heads and lick the blood, and kill the rest for
sport. Keep in a pen at night, and when unattended. I knew
some-one with just such an arrangement and the only thing to survive
was a peacock - because it flew on to the roof.

Mosquitoes are less of a problem than the flies who buzz about the
crap these critters leave behind.