Old 06-07-2011, 06:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Tomatoes

On Jul 5, 9:56*pm, wrote:
harry wrote:
How are yours doing?
Any comments on removing the leaves to expose the fruit inorder to
ripen!!

We have been picking them for three weeks. (Greenhouse)

Cherry or full size? *My cherry tomatoes went in much later than the full
ones, as the bigger ones need longer to ripen.

The earliest ones were full sized but a low variety (almost bush)
Mustkatka I think they are called.
We start the plants off quite early in a large heated propagator I
have made.
We have had cucumbers ready about the same time.

We also have some melons also nearly ready.

Had some trouble with blight this year on the tomatoes. (But not the
Mustkatka ones.)
Strangely,no blight on the potatos.

Broad beans early, heavy crop. Frozen lots.
Runner beans not doing so well, will be late I fancy.