Old 06-07-2011, 02:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar[_2_] Boron Elgar[_2_] is offline

Default Advice with growing herbs

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 08:38:43 +0000, Duncan Munday
wrote:

Hi all

Can anyone give some advice on growing herbs, in particular basin and
coriander. I have been trying to grow them on a windowsil for ages and i
just seem to get a few spindally sprigs that aren't really much use. I
can't seem to get the plants to develop and last for any length of time.

Does anyone have any good advice on getting a good windowsil herb
garden

Thanks

Coriander is notorious for bolting- that is, flowering and going to
seed quickly, although there are some varieties that are slower to do
so.

Basil should grow like a weed with good soil, light and moderate
water.

Since you reference "spindly," I'd say your plants are not getting
enough light. How many hours of direct sunlight a day are they
receiving?

Boron