Old 06-07-2011, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Foxes and Bonemeal

"Jo" wrote in message
o.uk...
Has anyone got any suggestions for preventing foxes (or any other animal
for that matter) digging up plants which have had bonemeal added to their
planting holes.
I planted 10 photinia on Friday in order to grow a small hedge and added
bonemeal to the planting holes as recommended. I came home from work
today to find every plant had been clawed at and some had been ripped out
of the soil completely. It's a sorry sight. I have tried to replace the
plants but I fear some may have been damaged beyond repair.

Only lead in their ear, I'm afraid. Bonemeal attracts them, and being a
poultry keeper I've had far too many problems with foxes to be sympathetic
to them any more.