Old 06-07-2011, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Aroniaberries

On Jul 6, 4:59*pm, mogga wrote:
On 6 Jul 2011 12:52:13 GMT, wrote:

mogga wrote:
Just reading something about how good they are for you (My OH
automatically assumes they taste horrid in that case!)

Also known as the black chokeberry - I'm assuming it'll be available
for sale somewhere as a plant rather than just the fruit.

(Article in Daily Wail said it's ideal for scotland as it needs damp
and mild conditions)

They're not very nice to eat, but they make godo jam mixed with something
else, such as blackcurrants.

I have one I bought in 50p bin at Wilkinsons. *Had no idea what it was at
the time, but it's been a good cropper since.

I can send you a cutting in the autumn if you want one, although I've never
tried propogating it before, so I have no idea how good they are at taking
(it looks like a currant, but I may be fooling myself that it will take as
easily)

Oo that would be very cool! *I will email you!
--http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk- Hide quoted text -

Here is apic I took this evening of fruit on my young plant, I don't
know what it tastes like as the birds had the fruit last year before I
had a chance. http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...erryunripe.jpg
David Hill