Old 07-07-2011, 11:18 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] View Post
On 2011-07-06 23:34:03 +0100, flymo said:

Could anyone tell me what this is, found in Aberdeen, Scotland this
week?
[image:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...tavish/id.jpg]

Alchemilla mollis. It's a very pretty, short plant which is perennial
and is good for edging borders. It's flowers seem to help intensify
the colour of others and when rain or dew collects in the leaves, it
looks like your personal cache of diamonds!
--
It looks like Alchemilla mollis and probably is. But there is a large number of Alchemilla species native to the UK, most of them very difficult to tell apart. So in town it's likely to be a garden escape A mollis, up in the hills you're more likely to find one of our natives.