Old 07-07-2011, 01:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gary Woods[_2_] Gary Woods[_2_] is offline

Default beetroot

Billy wrote:

Pixels are
really limited, ya know? You're making me look like a cranky old man.
Say what you like. I am not old.

Now I'm really, really puzzled: Where did I say anything about your age,
or impute a heightened level of A(crank)? I've been well aware of the
limitations of cyberspace, ever since the first BBS programs ran on a
dial-in line on a Commodore 64, and it hasn't gotten any better.
As for the Beta name game, I am not a botanist, nor do I play one on TV.
You now seem to have chard as a sub species, which is getting close to
"variety" or "landrace." I notice that even the scientific types who
determine these things keep changing their minds, much to the dismay of
nursery folk.
I'm sure the "blocking the view" bit is a reference missing from my
archives; not to worry, the biggest hat I have is a cloth fisherman's
hat-think Walter Matthau.
I gotta go plant something....leaving for the SSE campout next week, and
I'm way behind as usual.