Old 07-07-2011, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Cauli and broad bean problems

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 07:04:19 +0000, Lintama
wrote:

Hi,
I have grown cauliflower for the first time and followed the
instructions on the seed packet. I have started cutting a couple of them
which are about 5 inches in diameter, however, I notice that a couple of
them have florets which are separating and beginning to 'push up' rather
than keeping the nice tight ball I expected. Any ideas where I went
wrong.

Pick it and eat it still.

The main problem with them is planting them firmly enough I think...

Also my broad beans plants have produced lovely bean pods near the
bottom of the stems but the ones further up are tiny and have withered
with black on them. I had this problem last year too.

I would much appreciate help.

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk