Old 07-07-2011, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Cauli and broad bean problems

"Pete C" wrote in message

"Alan (BigAl)" wrote in message
Also my broad beans plants have produced lovely bean pods near the
bottom of the stems but the ones further up are tiny and have withered
with black on them. I had this problem last year too.

I have the same problem with my broad beans. The lowest row of flowers
set seed and we have beans filling out nicely. The second row have hardly
any beans on, and above that the little shivelled pods as described.
There is not a blackfy on the entire row, and I have no idea what I could
have done to encourage better polination. I assume that was what caused
the problem.

Any advice for next year, please?

Alan

Water!!
Copius every day. When in flower, feed. I have more broad beans that I
know what to do with !
Pete C

Pete C

Did you get fixed up?