Old 07-07-2011, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John John is offline

Default That 'creature' I asked about yesterday ...

Up until two years ago I used to put down traps in my local river, The
Bain, always caught more than I could eat after 30 minutes!
Illegal to put them back alive so as they are deemed a pest I ate what
I could and disposed of the rest (dead)
Not as tasty as sal****er crayfish, but not bad, especially when
dipped into a nice garlic, chilli butter. Glass of cold white and a
few slices of good brown bread, perfick.
Maybe I will try again this year, the beggars are rampant again!

John