Old 07-07-2011, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael D Michael D is offline

Default Ailing Tea Tree Plants

I've got 2 tea tree plants. They are just under 1m high and at least 6
years old. They've both grown quite happily, with just an annual
trim.

However this year most of the top of both bushes has died off and
there were virtually no flowers in April. I've left it since then to
see what happens. I've got a fair few shoots, but only about 10% of
what I used to have.

The bushes had a couple of inches of snow lying on them back in the
early Winter.

I'm wondering if I should take a few inches off the top to get it to
regrow properly ... or if the bushes have had their time?

Michael