Old 08-07-2011, 04:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George[_10_] George[_10_] is offline

Default tomatoes: preventing 'sun scald'

Our tomatoes have something like septoria afflicting the leaves. I've
been cutting off the damaged ones, and the plants look like they may
survive. They have set some fruit.

If they do survive, I've read that the loss of foliage can produce 'sun
scald' of the exposed fruits. I'm considering doing something to
prevent this. One idea I'm considering is to put small paper bags over
the fruits.

If anyone has experience with this, I'd be interested to hear.

Thank you,
George