Old 09-07-2011, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Will it never end?

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

Thunder with huge downpour this p.m. - so much came down so quickly
that my gutters could not take it and my bay window started to leak at
the junction with the house. I had to put a container on top of the
back of my settee to catch it and there was more than in inch in there
by the time it stopped. Tina

I just want to say that your bay window should not leak whether your
guttering is good or not.
This bay window needs urgent attention to get it sealed properly.
Probably lead flashing problem, but it won't right itself, and if you have
a flood from it as it gets worse and your settee and carpet get ruined by
it, you might have an insurance claim which may get rejected.
Doom and gloom I know, but I think it is something that needs attention
now.

Baz