Old 09-07-2011, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Love your garden/gardeners world

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 20:31:09 +0100, "Pete C"
wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.. .
and be bored with the ....

"I only grow veg"
I only grow top fruit"
"I grow soft fruit"
"I am a new gardener"
"I have been gardening for over 40 years"
"I grow Orchids"
""I grow alpines"
Etc, Etc, Etc

- and never win

Mike

There's room for all the above during a series. All I want is 'gardening'.
Simples!!!

Yes and when GW have tried to cover all those topics they have been
roundly criticised for lack of technique, making it all too easy by
buying full grown plants for effect, not enough time spent on a topic,
not showing what happens over a season or years of growing.

If they concentrate on beginner stuff then the experienced gardeners
complain. They do the reverse then the beginners are discouraged.

Perhaps they need to have a hour slot and sub divide into beginner
level and experienced level giving people the chance to pick the bits
they want to watch?
--
Paul C

I have dealt with the public all my life, from my parent's hotel to my own
business. There is an old saying "You can please some of the people some of
the time, you can please most of the people most of the time, but you cannot
please all of the people all of the time" Sooooooooooooo true. Look at this
newsgroup!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)) Even if the critics/owners 'did' go and start
their own newsgroup/forum whereby the nasty people were excluded, they would
still have to deal with those who couldn't be pleased ;-)

Mike