Old 09-07-2011, 11:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Grrr , bugs

Found the problem with the zucchinis . Small black beetle type bug is
eating the stems . Leaves behind a yellowish paste like substance .
Any solutions ? I'm just sick , these plants were doing so well , just
beginning to fruit . This is the first time for anything but grass where
these are growing . I also found a small white grub of some sort right at
the ground level of one plant , but I'm not sure if it was inside the stem
or not .
I guess it should be some consolation the cants are doing really really
well , multiple fruits on most every plant .
--
Snag
Learning keeps