Old 10-07-2011, 05:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Grrr , bugs

Derald wrote:
"Snag" wrote:

Found the problem with the zucchinis . Small black beetle type bug is
eating the stems . Leaves behind a yellowish paste like substance .

Those are the squash vine borers that I told you about in your
me twitted and won't read this one too. Your loss because now you
won't know to remove and destroy the infested plants before the
beetles find your cantaloupe. --
Derald
FL USDA zone 9a
http://www.onlineconversion.com/

I saw your post , just as I saw this one . Hopefully they won't have time to
jump over . Anything I can do to help stop them ? I hate to use insecticides
, but hate losing those plants more ...

--
Snag
Learning keeps