Old 10-07-2011, 04:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Grrr , bugs

In article , "Snag"
wrote:

Thanks to all who responded to this thread and my previous .
Split the stems and debugged the two that are still alive . I'm trying to
re-root one that was in really bad but still living condition . I'll be
watching closely the next few weeks , though as far as I can tell I got 'em
all . I checked for eggs and saw none of either plant . This is the first
time growing zukes for me , and the only reason I'm growing them is for
stir-fry because that's the only way I like 'em .
Two plants , if productive , should supply more than we can eat ... oh ,
and the cants are clean , so far . Looks like I won't be needing chemicals
yet , but the info I found with a web search says Sevin will be the
"least-bad" choice should I deem it necessary . Hopefully it won't come to
that .

Use Sevin, and kiss your zuchs good-bye. Sevin is a broad-band
insecticide and will kill pollinators, which 90% of our crops need. They
aren't just your pollinators, they are your neighbors pollinators as
well.
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/