Old 10-07-2011, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Neil Jones Neil Jones is offline

Default My dad's gooseberry bush seems to be growing currants

On 10/07/2011 17:47, Mark Hobley wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 14:07:49 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

It's a hybrid. There are lots of hybrid berry bushes.

Is it common for these to revert to give two types of fruit? So do you
reckon that the top ones are definitely currants?

Mark.

There is a Blackcurrant reversion virus but I don't think it affects
gooseberries. We need to see those pictures. You could have something
quite different.