Old 10-07-2011, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default That 'creature' I asked about yesterday ...

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 18:34:27 +0100, Mike Lyle wrote:

I've always wanted to have a go, but as well as a good spot you need a
licence from the Environment Agency and I'm not sure how easy it is to
get one now.

The native white clawed crayfish is protected. The signal crayfish is
an invasive pest that also carries a fungal disease that is lethal to
the white clawed crayfish. I think the EA would encourage you to take
as many signal crayfish as you can. If you catch one it is an offence
to put it back.

--
Cheers
Dave.