Old 10-07-2011, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Grrr , bugs

Steve Peek wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
Thanks to all who responded to this thread and my previous .
Split the stems and debugged the two that are still alive . I'm
trying to re-root one that was in really bad but still living
condition . I'll be watching closely the next few weeks , though as
far as I can tell I got 'em all . I checked for eggs and saw none of
either plant . This is the first time growing zukes for me , and the
only reason I'm growing them is for stir-fry because that's the only
way I like 'em . Two plants , if productive , should supply more
than we can eat ... oh , and the cants are clean , so far . Looks
like I won't be needing chemicals yet , but the info I found with a
web search says Sevin will be the "least-bad" choice should I deem
it necessary . Hopefully it won't come to that .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

That problem is SO EASY to solve without chemicals. Just keep the
lower stem area dusted with diatomaceous earth. The microscopic
shards cut the interlopers to shreds.
Steve

Thanks !

--