Old 10-07-2011, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Cordyline Resurrection

In article , Bob Hobden
writes
The RHS plantfinder... http://apps.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder/ shows
15 suppliers.

put in ... Amelanchier alnifolia Obelisk (don't use any inverted commas)

Oh I've done that Bob, first thing I tried but those nurseries who have
one, don't do mail order and those that do mail order don't have one!!

I tried Little Heath in Berkhamsted but John the owner said he could
only get very large ones - too big for even he to manage and to sell.
Apparently it came out at Chelsea a few years ago, was an astounding
success and everyone supplied them but it was on and still is on,
breeders rights so gradually stocks ran out and the only ones you can
now get, if at all, are those that have been grown on.

It's a very pretty tree has several season's of interests , spring
autumn and summer isn't too big and is fastigate but not in a rigor
mortis way.

I'll keep trying anyway!
--
Janet Tweedy