Old 11-07-2011, 12:29 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

[quote=Janet Tweedy;929749]Now where am i going to source an Amelanchier 'obelisk' [quote]
I don't know if they are grafted to make them like that, but if some cuttings are any use to you, I don't live very far from you.

Though I'm not particularly proud of mine. The flowering period is very short, and unless you have moist conditions it tends to look a bit tatty from water-stress. I've had it about 7 years and this is the first year it has been heavily covered in berries, though if you want to grow A alnifolia for the berries then this is not a good variety, they aren't very special berries, there are other varieties that have been selected for fruit quality.