Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Grave Solution

louisxiv wrote in message ...
Hi

I've been trying to find a solution to the problem of keeping a floral
presence on my mum's grave when my siblings and I are too far away to
guarantee any kind of regular maintenance.

She loved Poppies and someone suggested a pot on her grave with some
poppies in it which would then self seed on an annual basis but thinking
about pots in my garden and what happens when they're not regularly
watered, even in the UK climate this sounds like a bit of a pipe dream to
me. My experience is that he things you want to grow in the pots die and
then more hardy weeds and grass take over until there's a longer dry spell
and then they die too and what you're left with ends up looking like a
section of the tundra. In this case there''s a very high chance the whole
thing would end up looking neglected which is the last thing we'd want.

Can anyone feed back on the above and offer any solutions?

TIA

If you can visit 4 times a year, a pot with a posy of silk flowers 'of the
season'

Been there, done that with my father in law's grave.

Mike