Old 11-07-2011, 08:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default OT Fifteen reasons to grow your own food.

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

Frank wrote:
On 7/10/2011 10:43 PM, Nad R wrote:
Those here might find this interesting.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11012...ever-tasted-so
-good.html

It is pure hype to attribute wood pulp as the cellulose source in food.

I imagine those that wrote the article did their research. Now I will add
the word "cellulose" to my bad food label readings. Along with "High
Fructose Corn Syrup", Aluminum and artificial flavoring and coloring.

Taco Bell is also off my list!

What do you find offensive about cellulose, R?

Bad memories of the eighties. I bought a loaf of low fat bread that was
made with wood as part of their high fiber content that I did not know at
the time. The bread in my toaster caught on fire not to mention the bread
made a terrible sandwich. The the thought of sawdust in food is a turn off.
Companies love to fool people with pushing the truth to the limits if not
lies. I want truth in labeling.

Is it unreasonable to go to a restaurant and ask for a chicken sandwich or
a hamburger that is 100% Chicken or 100% Beef. Corporations just want to
screw with people in the name of "Steeling" a dollar.