Old 11-07-2011, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Grave Solution

On 2011-07-11 13:27:26 +0100, Emery Davis said:

On 07/11/2011 11:37 AM, louisxiv wrote:
Hi

I've been trying to find a solution to the problem of keeping a
floral
presence on my mum's grave when my siblings and I are too far away to
guarantee any kind of regular maintenance.

This is a tough problem and I'm very interested in any solutions... My
Mum's grave is near Camarthen and I don't get there often.

-E

See my response above and it also occurs to me that members of the
local pcc might know of someone willing to do this - or the local vicar
might know. Sounds to me like the makings of a little business
opportunity to me!

It's a business opportunity that several companies have already taken
up, as a search on "grave tending" will reveal. Many companies will
send a photo or two of their visit so you are reassured that they are
doing the job. Choose carefully as costs vary substantially. If you
can't contact a vicar or PCC, try a local funeral director - some
offer this ongoing service either direct or through a contractor.

Good ideas both, I will try contacting the vicar. I have also seen silk
flowers used with good effect, but she had a lifelong and not entirely
reasonable hatred of them so to avoid future hauntings I'd best not go
there.

-E

E, I promise you she will not know. ;-)

As to haunting, do you believe in ghosts?

:-))

Mike