Old 11-07-2011, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sheila Sheila is offline

Default Garden trail for Broadgreen Hospital.

Well, its all over, it went very well indeed, I think we have raised lots of
money, inclusive of Sponsors Barclays, and Waitrose, who provided the cream
teas. We had about 130+ in my garden, (not all at once, ) very steady, and
enjoyed seeing familiar faces, of friends and relatives. The most asked
about shrub, besides oohs and ahhs about the crocosmia Lucifer, in full
bloom, (thank you mother nature) was the Sorbaria aitchisonii, I found one
person laying down, trying to read the label!

I had a small table with various cuttings, Laburnum, poppy, rowan, foxglove,
and hellebore, that did very well, £25, I only asked for donations, not a
fixed price, this seems to be good, as people putting in at least a £1 coin
for a small pot.

A very enjoyable day, but it started off, me and hubby sitting there,
itching to be working until the first people came!