Old 11-07-2011, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Garden trail for Broadgreen Hospital.

"sheila" wrote in message
Well, its all over, it went very well indeed, I think we have raised lots
of money, inclusive of Sponsors Barclays, and Waitrose, who provided the
cream teas. We had about 130+ in my garden, (not all at once, ) very
steady, and enjoyed seeing familiar faces, of friends and relatives. The
most asked about shrub, besides oohs and ahhs about the crocosmia Lucifer,
in full bloom, (thank you mother nature) was the Sorbaria aitchisonii, I
found one person laying down, trying to read the label!

I had a small table with various cuttings, Laburnum, poppy, rowan,
foxglove, and hellebore, that did very well, £25, I only asked for
donations, not a fixed price, this seems to be good, as people putting in
at least a £1 coin for a small pot.

A very enjoyable day, but it started off, me and hubby sitting there,
itching to be working until the first people came!

Wonderful when you open your gardens isn't it :-))

Even I found pleasure :-))

Mike