Old 11-07-2011, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Cordyline Resurrection

In article , echinosum
writes
Though I'm not particularly proud of mine. The flowering period is very
short, and unless you have moist conditions it tends to look a bit tatty
from water-stress. I've had it about 7 years and this is the first year
it has been heavily covered in berries, though if you want to grow A
alnifolia for the berries then this is not a good variety, they aren't
very special berries, there are other varieties that have been selected
for fruit quality.

The ones i have seen, don't look grafted - and they are all a wonderful
colour and much admired in the spring and autumn, It is to go at the end
of the driveway by an entrance so i didn't want to put anything too wide
spreading there and not massively tall either.

Don't know about their need for water, two of them are planted in
gardens on the slopes of the Chilterns almost solid chalk underneath but
don't look as if they are suffering too much.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph