Old 12-07-2011, 07:13 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Robert Hinsley View Post
Among the common flowers of woodland floors are Allium ursinum (ramsons)
and Anemone nemorosa (wood anemone). The former is white, the latter is
usually white; sometimes pink or blue. I forget the precise flowering
times, but IIRC the Anemone flowers well in advance of bluebells.
Round here it's not far in advance

Quote:
Another pink-flowered plant is Claytonia siberica (pink purslane).
I was trying to remember that name! That takes quite deep shade. It flowers later than bluebells.
[/quote]