Old 12-07-2011, 01:09 PM posted to triangle.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Garden report

On Jul 5, 6:53*am, "Daniel B. Martin"
wrote:
We are harvesting goodly quantities of tomatoes, squash, basil, and
cucumbers. * Lots of cucumbers! * Eggplants exhibit healthy foliage but
only modest production so far.

Dry and hot weather has made it necessary to irrigate with the garden hose.

Insect damage has been less severe than in past years. * Our primary
method of pest control is hand-picking. * Some pepper plants are stunted
but survive. * Tomato foliage shows signs of blight but none have died.

Daniel B. Martin

Have had enough cucumbers to make pickles twice. I have put yellow
squash in the freezer as well as zuccini. I have started my second
crop in the greenhouse. Sadly the weeds have taken over because we
were out of town for a bit. Seems overwhelming now. I am so good about
that in the spring!