Old 12-07-2011, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Pink fluffy flower

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:59:09 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:11:11 +0100, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:

I too am trying to identify a fluffy pink flower (shrub/tree)?

you will see the photo here -

'abi.html' (http://tinyurl.com/6x5eva7)

Thanx for any help..Vernon

Looks like a tamarisk but I don't know which variety.

Cheers
Jake

Another vote for tamarisk. Possibly Tamarix tetrandra / T. parviflora,
which flowers April-May, whereas T. pentandra / T. ramosissima is
late-summer flowering.

Yep, tamarisk -- cordially detested as "Salt cedar" in the US, where
it finds certain treasured landscapes so much to its liking that it's
become an invasive pest.

Can anybody separate the two spp by overall "gross" appearance rather
than flowering period? I'd love to know.

--
Mike.