Old 13-07-2011, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
louisxiv[_3_] louisxiv[_3_] is offline

Default Grave Solution

On 2011-07-11 23:09:06 +0100, Janet said:

In article , louisxiv says...

Can anyone feed back on the above and offer any solutions?

The poppy idea won't work IMO; weeds would seed into the pot and
poppy seeds need full light to germinate.
You will have to ask the cemetary owner what is permitted there.
Someone asked me for a permanent, rabbit proof planting at the foot of
their parents headstone (the graveyard gave permission). The deceased were
keen cooks and gardeners. I planted rosemary,(for remembrance) sage (for
wisdom) and thyme, plus snowdrops and minute narcissus minimus.

Janet.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I've learned a lot from it, not
least that Dumfries and Galloway Council are likely to put the kibish
on most things anyway. I hadn't though ot bulbs though which I may well
try. Thanks again.