Old 13-07-2011, 08:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
LilAbner LilAbner is offline

Default Tomatoes

We've had lots of intentions, this year but all we do is Dr's
appointments etc.
Is it too late to put out good tomatoes, in the Southeast US?
In large pots, of course.
Last times we tried, to have gardens the heat humidity and critters
pretty much go it. Horses got out and eat the corn from the tassels down
to about waist height.
I would like have some really good tomatoes again.
Everything we have found are not Heirlooms or traditional varieties even
those advertised as heirlooms.
One thing I figured out is tomatoes, in the stores; the heavier they
are, for size, tells you if they are better.
The greener picked the lighter they are.
Of course it is still comparing cardboard or something to cardboard.