Old 13-07-2011, 10:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default self-watering of tomatoes plants

"ackeiyword" wrote:

In my bid to promote self watering of my tomatoes I have filled a couple
of empty milk bottles, made a hole with a heated NEEDLE (so we are
talking about a tiny hole) underneath hoping that the water would last
at least a couple of days, and placed the bottle next to the tomato
plant...

The 6 pints bottle was empty after about three hours! What have I done
wrong? I did leave the lid on. Other suggestions?

http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Cone-Spik...0592176&sr=8-1