Old 13-07-2011, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What temperature .......

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:24:12 +0100, Mike wrote:

.... does a Compost Bin/Heap need to operate at to kill weed

seeds?
Ours is at 120 degrees at the moment. Hot enough?

120 degrees what?

Kelvin - frozen to death but things can survive freezing.
Fahrenheit - that is quite warm might kill most things.
Centigrade - pressurised compost bin or just extremely dry?

Putting you 'serious thinking' head on, what would you say?

Well not knowing what angle you where coming from I gave answers for
three of the common units of temperature. Though strictly speaking
kelvin is kelvin not degrees kelvin. Would you have prefered answers
for degrees Rankine or degrees Newton?

ps :-(( Do you have a 'serious thinking' head ?

Sense of humour failure? If you don't give complete information when
asking a question, how can we be expected give a proper answer?

--
Cheers
Dave.