Old 14-07-2011, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Neighbour's tree fell on my fence

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:59:41 +0100, ernie mendoza
wrote:

My neighbour's old tree fell over and damaged my fence. It was not
windy and the 30-foot tree's roots had obviously rotted and gone. How
should I proceed with getting my fence repaired?

1. Get my neighbour to fix it?
2. Claim on my buildings insurance. In this case should I get his
insurance details so my insurance company can recover costs from his
company? How do i recover my £100 excess? Will my premium increase as
a result of my claim?

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. My neighbour replaced the
fence and had the tree removed. I gave him half of the cost of my new
fence even though he didn't want anything for it.

I suppose if the insurance company had been involved or there was any
dispute thing could be very different.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Planner Software www.NPSL1.com

""Get three quotations""

'Oh it's and Insurance job is it? ;-) ;-) know what I mean?'

You can't beat good neighbours :-))

Mike