Old 14-07-2011, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default A Little TV Reminder

On 2011-07-14 12:47:40 +0100, Pam Moore said:

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 17:12:41 +0100, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:

This Wednesday - 13th! - , Channel 5, 7.30 pm. Garden ER. Start of
8-week series.

Looking forward to the discussion on Thursday!

Silence!
Did nobody watch it or is everyone so shocked they don't know what to
say.
I have never seen anyone on TV tell us to go and steal from shops.
The presenter told us to go into coffee shops and take the "free"
sugar to use as a feed for plants, and the stirring sticks to use as
plant markers.
Aren't you glad that you don't live next to the garden with the
hot-tub and the canvas beach views on the fences.
The pond face-lift was the only interesting feature.

Pam in Bristol

I thought it was a tired hotch-potch of every other low-budget, red-top
gardening programme I've seen over the years. But it is designed to
appeal to non-gardeners/maintainers, so perhaps it does. Ground Force
was lambasted by the gardening snobs but it helped the gardening
industry to grow to a record size - and that benefits the snobs too in
the end.