Old 15-07-2011, 03:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tony Miklos Tony Miklos is offline

Default Wood Chips Ahoy

On 7/11/2011 8:37 PM, j wrote:
I have a section of the yard in full shade, a bit of English Ivy had
grown there poorly (Atlanta 7b Piedmont) and too much Wysteria. It's
currently cleared.

So, I've got a notice the power company is trimming in the area and they
are "giving" away dump trucks full of wood chips. It would be mostly
hardwoods here.

Can I cover my useless ground with them? Will I regret this? What about
the long term end result?

I have a pile from maybe 3 years ago that I recently dug into. It's
like black gold, almost as nice as the mushroom soil. The plants love it.