Old 15-07-2011, 01:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Herbs

"Steve B" wrote in message
Well, it looks like wifey's planting of herb seeds was 102% successful.
We now have lots of basil, cilantro, etc. I know they are best used
fresh, but one can only use so much so fast. What's the good way to
preserve these?

Basil - pesto or chop it finely and put it in ice cube trays and pop the
blocks out and store them in bags in the freezer once frozen.
Cilantro/coriander is best used fresh and doesn't really preserve very well
on it's own. You could always include it in some recipe that would freeze
or just let it go to seed and keep the coriander seeds and use them in that
form.